Conversations with Rev. Gabriel Salguero
October 11-12, 2010
- Brown Rising: The Emergence of Latino Evangelicals
- Immigration and The Clash of Civilizations
- Global Church: Spirituality and Power
- Associated Baptist Press, Leader: Rise of Hispanic Evangelicals Influencing Immigration Debate
- Atlanta Daybook, Hispanic Pastor, Advocate First Lecturer for Mercer's Center for Theology and Public Life
- Praise 92.1 FM, The Rise of Hispanic Christian Evangelicals
Local Engagement Against Poverty
March 17-19, 2011
- Production of Nickel and Dimed: On Not Getting By in America
- The Faces of Homelessness
- Survivor: Poverty-- It's Not a Game (poverty simulations and role play)
- Service and Volunteerism Fair
- Loose the Chains of Injustice: Extreme Poverty Must End
- Speak Out: It's Time for the Church to Open Its Big Mouth
- Poverty and the Politics of Religion
- What Can We All Do to Make Progress Against Poverty in Macon?
- Soup Kitchen Dinner and Shanty on the Quad
- Conference Service Day
- Florida Modern-Day Slavery Mobile Museum
Christian Faith, Moral Values, and Public Service: Two Views From Capitol Hill- Joshua Trent & Katie Paris
October 4, 2011
- Christian Faith, Vocation, and Public Service
- Federal Healthcare Reform: Competing Christian Perspectives
- The Healthcare Reform Debate
- Faithful Discipleship, Politics, and Government
- Associated Baptist Press, "Faith Motivates Young Christians Working in Washington"
Joshua Trent and Katie Paris, October 4, 2011
Can We Find Common Ground on Abortion?
Rachel Laser & Dr. David Gushee
January 24-25, 2012
- Common Ground on Abortion?
- Religion, Ethics, and Abortion: A Conversation
- Abortion, Law, and the 2012 Election
Rachel Laser and Dr. David Gushee discuss, "Can We Find Common Ground on Abortion?" on the Atlanta campus January 24, 2012.
Rachel Laser and Dr. David Gushee continue the conversation in chapel at the Macon campus on January 25, 2012.
Rachel Laser and Dr. David Gushee speak at Mercer's Law School about Abortion, Law, and the 2012 Elections January 25, 2012.
February 27-28. 2012
McAfee School of Theology William L. Self Lectures
Featuring Brian McLaren
"Preaching Peace in a Crumbling Empire"
- "What is the Gospel in the Age of Empire?" Atlanta campus, ACC 280
- "Preaching and Eucharist in a Declining Empire," Atlanta campus, ACC 280
- "Preaching and Politics in a Crumbling Empire," Atlanta campus, Day Hall Auditorium